Happy Days

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Call Me a Complainer....

Paperhand Puppet Intervention

It seems as if the Californians are invading North Carolina, causing NC to do some things that just don't make no sense.

This year we have the goddess Rhea leading our New Years Day Parade in downtown Raleigh, made by the Paperhand Puppet guys. The picture above gives a representation of the kind of things they create; the goddess is going to be even larger, though, her face being taller than I am. Rhea is meant to celebrate the wildness of Carolina, from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the awesome coast. I never even witnessed anything like this in California - maybe I'll go for the experience. Maybe I'll go to laugh at people. Maybe I'll throw things at them. Maybe I'll burn some styrofoam cups to tick of the environmentalists. Mmmm....

Anyway, to top things off, North Carolina is wishing all of its residents a Happy New Years by hiking up the gas tax by 15%! While most states are lowering their gas taxes, NC thought it fit to raise them.

4 Comments:

  • Downtown Raleigh? That's where you live?? Didn't know that. I knew you lived in North Carolina though. Have you ever been in the OBX? It was nice when I went, even though really a beach is just a beach, I don't know why it's such a popular place to go. I went to this one beach, though, where the water was soooooo clear...it was incredible. Awesome.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/01/2006 9:20 AM  

  • Poooooooor Larry. (-:

    By Blogger Fidelio, at 1/01/2006 6:55 PM  

  • Wow. I don't really want to comment too much on this particular point, because I might give you bad ideas about burning things like the face of Rhea...

    That might be hard to do. You could just burn down the wearhouse where she was made.

    Nah, that would be too obvious.

    Oops! I'm giving advice, like I said I wouldn't. Bad, Anthony!

    By Blogger Phantom Seraphim, at 1/02/2006 11:14 AM  

  • I like it, Larry! I really like it! Oh, and I responded to your comments on my blog, so you should go back and look in the same article you posted on before.

    See you soon! I hope all is well and I missy you! Aww!

    By Blogger Adrienne, at 1/06/2006 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home