Happy Days

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thinking About my Future in the Work Force


It's because of guys like the ones above that I think working at camp for the rest of my life would be the ideal job. Just look at those kids. If you look closely at the last couple of frames you can see the sincere pleasure the guys are getting out of me falling off a building for them. I still can't decide if they're getting their pleasure because of the fact that they enjoyed seeing me fall off the roof or because they realized I was doing it for them.

A job like that is non-stop action; getting to bed every night at 11 after tucking in the guys and then hanging out with fellow counselors on the porch, waking up early enough to see the sunrise every morning, occassionally waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of "Larry, I just threw up" and hoping to God that the sound would go away, doing all sorts of fun stuff during the day, and eating more food than I've ever eaten before because it all burns off during the days activities. That was the life.

4 Comments:

  • Working at a camp was the single-most fulfilling and meaningful job of my life... I wish I could do it forever. Rock on, Lars.

    By Blogger Donna-Katie, at 1/12/2006 3:39 PM  

  • Ok...well, Mom always said that it takes all kinds to make the world go around. Even camp counselors.

    By Blogger Adrienne, at 1/19/2006 5:29 PM  

  • Can you put up another posting? I'm getting really tired of seeing you fall off of a building without a shirt on everytime I come to see your blog.

    By Blogger Adrienne, at 1/30/2006 11:23 AM  

  • I too would like to see another posting!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/02/2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home