Happy Days

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Finally an Update

I figured that if I still want people to come to my blogsite I ought to put up a post before everyone gets completely discouraged from coming anymore.
I didn't imagine that the semester without my thesis would be my busier semester, but it is and it'll only get more active as the clock ticks towards graduation.

Starting March 6 I'll be coaching a tennis team! It's like a dream come true - getting paid to do something that I love doing AND having my own team to coach. The situation is not perfect, but I'm still happy about it. It sounds like I'll have all the same kids that were on the team last year, when they won 0 out of 10 matches. My #1 kid on the team is evidently an 8th grader. It may take some work, but I'm certain I can help them bump their wins up to 1 out of 10 this year. The only problem is this; since there is no girls tennis in the fall, the school is required to make the spring season coed. I wouldn't worry about it if there were 4 or 5 girls on the team, but as it is it's looking like I might have just 1 girl. This will throw off the whole dynamic of the team. First of all, I won't be able to push them as hard simply because of this girl. Second of all, we all knows what happens to high school guys when a girl is around; they don't act as much like themselves and they either do one of two things; get shy or act stupid. I don't want this - I want a tight knit team. We'll just have to see how it turns out, though. I'll still be happy either way!

And now I've wasted all the time I had talking about the upcoming tennis season. I'm sure I'll be more vigilant about posting in the future, though.

2 Comments:

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LARRY HENSON!!!

    By Blogger Adrienne, at 2/22/2006 7:15 AM  

  • Remind me, and I'll get a pic of your team to post sometime. Meanwhile, good luck with your crazy guys. (And post every so often for the amusement of your faithful readers...) ;)

    By Blogger Kelly Jo, at 3/10/2006 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home